New Report: Medical Associations, medical doctors and leading scientists call for safe technologies in schools
From Alex Swinkels, The International EMF Alliance:
Medical Associations, medical doctors and leading scientists call for safe technologies in schools
More Medical Associations, medical doctors and scientists, many of whom work on the biological effects of wireless technologies, have expressed their concerns about the safety of wireless devices for schools. They are asking for wired information and communication technologies to be used in order to safeguard children and young people, protect and promote healthy development and maximise learning and achievement. These experts do not agree with the health protection agencies which currently support or allow the use of microwave, radiofrequency-emitting technologies by children and young people in schools.
Other authorities have also called for the protection of children from wireless technologies.
– Council of Europe: Mobile phone use by pupils in schools to be strictly regulated and wired internet connections to be preferred (Resolution 1815, 2011).
– World Health Organization”ôs International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) classified radiofrequency radiation as a possible human carcinogen, class 2B (2011).
– UK Trades Union Congress (TUC): Caution should be taken to prevent exposure to Class 2B carcinogens in the workplace.
– European Environment Agency: All reasonable measures to be taken to reduce exposures to electromagnetic fields, especially radiofrequencies from mobile phones and particularly – the exposures to children and young adults. Current exposure limits to be reconsidered.
– International Commission for Electromagnetic Safety (ICEMS): Strongly advise limited use of cell phones, and other similar devices, by young children and teenagers.
– Russian National Committee on Non-Ionizing Radiation Protection have recommended the use of wired networks in schools and educational institutions, rather than wireless broadband systems, including Wi-Fi “It is our professional obligation not to damage the children’s health by inactivity”Ě.
– German Government and Israeli Parliament recommended wired computer networks for schools or workplaces 10,11
– Several countries have advised children and young people to limit their use of mobile/smart/cell phones
This document serves to inform schools, Governing Bodies, Academy Trusts, School Boards, Education Authorities, teachers and parents of the professional, medical and scientific
concerns about children using wireless technologies in schools. The information can be used to implement safe school policies, practices and guidance in order to safeguard the health and development of children and young people and to aid cognitive abilities, learning and achievement.