From Lyn McLean, EMR Australia:
For several years I was community representative on the Australian Communications Industry Forum (ACIF) committee that developed the Code for the Deployment of Mobile Phone Network Infrastructure. (ACIF C564:2004).
That Code is now scheduled for review and I have been asked to provide feedback on whether members of the community believe the Code meets their needs or requires updating.
Specifically, the aims of the review are to identify:
• any existing issues with the Code;
• whether any process improvement is required, from operational experience in dealing with the Code;
• any gaps in the Code;
• clarifications that improve requirements;
• whether the document is meeting the needs of industry and the community satisfactorily; and
• expected impact of technology changes.
The Code is available at http://www.commsalliance.com.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0016/1339/ACIF-C564_2004.pdf
If any of your readers have any thoughts about this I would be pleased to hear from them at their earliest convenience. (www.emraustralia.com.au)
I’ll be submitting a comment on the Code by 15 May.
with thanks and warm regards
EMR Australia PL
23 MacFarlane Pde
Sylvania NSW 2224
61 2 9576 1772