A new report has been released that details a number of important developments suggesting that it is now time to issue public health warnings advising people on how to reduce or eliminate mobile phone health risks. For example:
- On 24 January 2013, The European Environment Agency published a 750-page report to alert governments about the need to attend to early warning signs about technology health risks, including mobile phones. The report calls for precautionary actions to reduce cell phone radiation to minimize the extent and seriousness of the risks to the brain and other organs.
- On 7 January 2013, a report was released by the Bioinitiative Working Group that reviewed over 1800 new scientific studies. The 21-chapter report, written by 29 scientists and public health experts, concluded that there is a consistent pattern of increased risk of malignant brain tumours with prolonged use of mobile phones and cordless phones.
- On 3 January 2013, a Swedish analysis of data on brain tumour risk and the use of mobile phones concluded that there was a consistent link.
- In December 2012 a study of mobile phone users in Saudi Arabia found that prolonged use of mobile phones was associated with a number of health problems, including fatigue, headaches, dizziness, tension and sleep disturbance.
- In December 2012 the American Academy of Pediatrics ”“ a medical organisation of around 60,000 primary care pediatricians, pediatric medical specialists and surgeons ”“ called for action to protect children and teenagers from possible mobile phone hazards.
- In October 2012 the Italian Supreme Court ruled that a businessman”™s brain tumour was caused by his use of a mobile phone.
- In August 2012 the Australian government established a $2.5 million fund for a Centre of Research Excellence to continue research on the possibility of health risks from mobile phone use.
This report advises people on steps to take to reduce the risks to their health. A central part of this advice is the importance of reducing microwave exposure to the head and body by the purchase of low radiation phones (a low Specific Absorption Rate ”“ SAR ”“ phone) and using a Cellsafe protective case with an incorporated antenna to further reduce SAR levels. See www.cellsafe.com.au
Download the full report below:
A precautionary public health policy for cell phone, smart phone and cordless phone use (196.5 KiB, 6,338 hits)