• 03 AUG 12
    • 0

    NIOSH recommends measures to reduce EMF exposures

    From George Parker:

    Multiple Chemical and Electromagnetic Sensitivities

    Information provided by Wendy Taormina-Weiss – Published: 2012-07-12

    Excerpt:

    The presence of cell phones and towers, computers, portable phones, unshielded wiring and transformers, fluorescent lighting, wireless devices, microwave ovens, scanning and security equipment, electric stoves, and many other electrical appliances can make building inaccessible to people who are electromagnetically sensitive.

    The National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) has noted that scientific studies raised questions concerning the potential health effects of electromagnetic fields (EMF’s). NIOSH has recommended some different measures to take for people who need or want to reduce their exposure to EMF’s. The use of low-EMF designs where possible such as in the layout for office power supplies, informing employers and workers about potential hazards related to magnetic fields, as well as increasing the distance between workers and EMF sources have been suggested by NIOSH, which has also suggested reducing the amount of time people are exposed to EMF’s.

    Citation: Disabled World News (2012-07-12) – The presence of cell phones and towers and other electrical appliances can make a building inaccessible to electromagnetically sensitive people:

    Link to full article: http://www.disabled-world.com/disability/accessibility/homes/sensitivities.php#ixzz22STmV85B

    Leave a reply →

Photostream